Sanitation and Recycling Department
To ensure provision of a consistent and reliable service and to minimize the number of trucks on the road, the Sanitation and Recycling Department also provides commercial trash and recycling pick-up services on a contracted basis.
On October 3, 2016 with the start of curbside residential recycling collection, the residential drop-off recycling site at 10th and Massachusetts will only be providing containers for glass collection. The City of Sedalia will continue to collect glass, electronic waste (e-waste) and household hazardous waste (HHW) for recycling at the City's Materials Management Site at 27887 Highway U.
For more information about the City of Sedalia Materials Management Site, click here.
For more information about materials accepted for disposal, recycling or other management by the City of Sedalia, please select from the following links:
• Materials accepted for recycling
• Materials not accepted for recycling
• How and where do I set out my trash and recycling
• Household hazardous waste
• Electronics waste
• Latex paint recycling - COMING SOON
• Major appliances - COMING SOON
• Pick-up on demand services
• Prescription Drug Take-backs with the Sedalia Police Department - COMING SOON
• Tree and yard waste site
• Tree and yard waste pick-up service
For more information on the Central Missouri Landfill and materials it accepts, please contact Waste Corporation of Missouri at the landfill: (660) 826-9133 or via email at www.wcawaste.com
If after reviewing the information provided at these links, should you have questions, please feel free to contact the Sanitation and Recycling Department at (660) 827-7820.
901 East 3rd Street
Sedalia, Missouri 65301
Phone: (660) 827-7820
Fax: (660) 827-4177
Hours of Operation:
7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.