8/30/2007 - RFQ : Airport Consultant Selection Process
Contact: Brian E. Koral, Assistant to the City Administrator
Phone: (660) 827-3000
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
3 P.M. CDT, August 30, 2007
City issues Request for Qualifications for Airport Projects
(SEDALIA, MISSOURI) : The City of Sedalia has issued a Request for Qualifications for engineering firms interested in providing consulting services to the Sedalia Memorial Airport for future projects. Interested firms should submit a statement of qualifications as outlined in the notice.
Statements are due no later than 3 p.m. on Friday, September 21, 2007.
NOTICE TO AIRPORT CONSULTANTS
Issued : August 30, 2007
The City of Sedalia, Missouri, is hereby soliciting statements of qualifications and experience from airport consultants for projects at the Sedalia Memorial Airport. Subject to receipt of Federal and/or Missouri Department of Transportation, Aviation Section funding, these projects may include the following:
1. The rehabilitation of Runway 18-36, including panel removal and replacement, joint spall repair and associated temporary markings and barricades. Estimated cost $3,621,400.
2. The rehabilitation of partial parallel Taxiway to Runway 36. Estimated cost $1,047,500.
3. The construction of an airport access road. Estimated cost $299,100.
4. The expansion and rehabilitation of the main apron. Estimated cost $757,400.
5. The reconstruction of mid-field Taxiway A. Estimated cost $380,000.
6. The update of the Airport Master Plan and Airport Layout Plan in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration Advisory Circular No. 150/5070-6B. Estimated cost $100,000.
7. Assistance with required environmental actions and documentation.
8. Assistance with land acquisition for airport development, and for compliance with FAA standards and regulations.
9. Other Airport pavement rehabilitation, maintenance, earthwork, and improvements, i.e. tree clearing, slurry seal, crack-fill, overlay, grading, marking, etc. that may be required to maintain the Airport within FAA criteria and standards.
Services to be provided and selection processes are outlined in Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Advisory Circular 150/5100-14D. Services required (Chapter 1) include, but are not limited to, airport planning, design, construction, A/E services for all phases, and necessary incidental services for projects expected to be funded by federal grant within five years.
Selection criteria (Chapter 2) may include, but will not be limited to:
• Comparable recent experience
• Knowledge of FAA regulations, policies and procedures
• An implemented Affirmative Action Program
• Capacity to perform work in the allotted time
• Capability to complete projects within budgets
• Capability to furnish qualified inspectors for construction inspection
• Familiarity with, and proximity to the project
The final selection by the committee reviewing the proposals will generally be made following the completion of review of proposals. The selection committee does, however, reserve the right to conduct interviews of the top rated firms if the committee deems it necessary. If interviews are conducted, selection will be made following interviews.
Fees will be negotiated for projects as grants are obtained. Consultants shall not include fee or cost information when responding to this solicitation.
Prospective Consultants are advised that applied overhead rates must be in accordance with the cost principals established within Federal Regulation 48 CFR Part 31, Contract Cost Principles and Procedures.
This contract is subject to, but not limited to the following federal provisions:
• Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
• Section 520 of the Airport and Airway Improvement Act of 1982
• DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 18.36(i) – Access to Records
• DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 20 – Lobbying and Influencing Federal Employees
• DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 26 – Disadvantage Business Enterprises Participation
• DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 29 – Government Debarment and Suspension
• DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 30 – Foreign Trade Restriction Clause
Airport consultants should submit three copies of their statement of qualifications and experience along with references to the following address, no later than 3 p.m. September 21, 2007:
Brian Koral, Assistant to the City Administrator
-City of Sedalia-
City of Sedalia
200 South Osage Avenue
Sedalia, Missouri 65301